Did you miss our last workshop, A Natural Face & Neck - For You and Your Clients? Lucky for you, we've got a recipe from that workshop to try. At the end of this post you'll find our favorite recipe for a natural face toner.
Couldn’t make it to our Outdoor Skin: Build a Natural First Aid Kit workshop last week? No worries! Here are a few of the recipes we created together. All supplies are available in our apothecary.
All-natural Sunscreen Oil
1 oz Shea Butter
1 oz Fractionated Coconut Oil
1 tsp Red Raspberry Seed Oil
1 or 2 drops Vitamin E
2 oz Squeeze Bottle
Put butter and oils in a heat proof glass container. Warm just until the Shea Butter is melted. Add the Vitamin E oil and blend. Pour into a 2 oz squeeze bottle and let cool. This will set up to a semi-opaque oil.
6 drops Tea Tree Oil
(antibacterial, anti-microbial, anti-septic)
15ml bottle with reducer top
Fill the bottle with Witch Hazel, then add Tea Tree Essential Oil. So simple!
We do not recommend adding the essential oil first as most essential oils are extremely potent and will begin to break down whatever plastic container they are added to. Not a problem if you’re using glass, but it’s always good to establish best practices.
(other essential oils that could be used include Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Lemongrass, Rosemary)
Natural Insect Repellent
7.5 ml Distilled Water
7.5 ml Witch Hazel
15ml Spray bottle
20 Drops of the following essential oils (5 drops each):
○ Citronella (insect repellent, antibacterial, antiseptic, antifungal)
○ Thyme thymol (insect repellent, antibacterial, antiseptic; a study by the American Mosquito Control Association discovered thyme essential oil had a 91% protection rate against female mosquitoes)
○ Cedarwood (insect repellent, antiseptic, antifungal)
○ Lemongrass (insect repellent, antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial, antiseptic)
(If you do not have all of these essential oils, use a combination of the ones that you do have)
Pour the water and Witch Hazel into the bottle. Add the essential oils. Place lid on bottle. Shake well before each use.
What else do you put in your all-natural First Aid Kit? Comment below!
Here's a quick how to on Vanilla Extract! Perfect for use in your home or a great homemade gift!
Here's What You'll Need:
- 1 - 2oz Dark Colored Jar
- 2 - Vanilla Beans
- 3 1/2 TBSP 100% Proof Vodka
- Cutting Board
- Funnel (optional)
- Cut the ends off of both vanilla bean pods.
- Cut each vanilla bean pod in half, lengthwise.
- Using the back edge of your knife, slowly scrap the seeds out of the pods.
- Place the seeds into your 2oz dark colored jar.
- (optional) Cut both vanilla pods in half, and place the 4 pod sections into the jar for extra flavor.
- Using the funnel fill the jar with roughly 3 1/2 TBSP of 100% proof Vodka. Screw jar lid back on tightly.
- Place in dark location so the jar is not in direct contact with the light.
- Let sit for 4-6 weeks - lightly shaking the jar daily for best flavor results.
- After waiting at least 4 weeks - enjoy!
Hello All! I have had many requests to see a copy of my treatment ticket used in a Chiropractic Clinic. Here is a downloadable PDF copy. Check our Resources & Links page for an editable copy.
This is a perfect treatment ticket to use at a PT or Chiropractic clinic because most of the clients will already have filled out a ton of paperwork detailing their problems and reasons for treatment. These tickets can easily be used time and time again to document when massage therapy was provided.
This ticket also helps the billing associate as it will detail out the codes for medical insurance.
CLICK HERE: PRINT MASSAGE TREATMENT TICKET
Look for the simple, reusable beauty that might be laying around your house!
Today I found an empty Jagermeister glass jar. Water + Garden Blossom = Amazing!